In this short sermon, we are going to answer the question: what is the gospel of salvation as recorded in Ephesians 1:13.
But before we go into this sermon, let us outline the bible verse where we have this message about being sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise.
In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in Him also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise.(Ephesians 1:13)
What is the gospel of salvation?
The gospel of salvation simply means the preaching that leads mankind to repentance.
And as we can see from the above bible verse, the gospel was given to enable mankind to attain salvation.
Now let’s go to the bible and see other bible verses that show how the gospel brings mankind to salvation.
Bible verses about the gospel of salvation.
- Gospel is the power of God that is capable of bringing mankind to salvation (Romans 1:16-17, 1 Peter 1:23-25)
- Through the preaching of the gospel, people repent of their sins and receive God’s forgiveness. (Luke 24:46-47)
- The gospel was given to teach the truth, rebuke all kinds of errors, help people to correct their faults and also give instructions for right living. (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
- A believer will be able to get patience and encouragement through the teachings in the scripture. (Romans 15:4).
- The physical and spiritual life is gotten through the gospel. (John 10:10, 6:63).
But in order for mankind to receive the above benefits from the gospel, they must believe it.
And after believing, baptism must follow for the cleansing of sins in order to receive the Holy Spirit.
Therefore, in our word of God for today, you must examine yourself to see if you truly believe the gospel and have received the spirit of God that will help you receive all His promises.
You can also read the sermon below.